Pearson Learning Solutions recently published an infographic about online learning. They took data from a 2011 study issued by Babson Survey Research Group–Going the Distance: Online Education in the United States, 2011. The study has several interesting conclusions about online learning: Enjoy the infographic:
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University have teamed to provide online courses for free. Called edX, MIT and the Crimison will invest $60 million into the project. According to the two educational juggernauts, they “will collaborate to enhance campus-based teaching and learning and build a global community of online learners.” What’s exciting about [...]
Founded in 1970 by two teachers, Walden University is designed for adults seeking an advanced degree without leaving their jobs. Since its founding more than 40 years ago, Walden has grown to include more than 48,000 students and 55,000 alumni. With advanced degrees in fields ranging from business to nursing and mental health counseling to [...]
When I think of a technical school I automatically think of ITT Technical Institute. This is because of the solid reputation they have established within the education arena. With technology at the forefront of our world it only makes sense to attend a school that provides its students an education in technology. If you are [...]
I initially decided to go with Strayer University due to a family member that had previously gone there and had nothing but good things to say about it. It all started when my hours got cut down due to the economy, and making ends meet was tough. Before last September, I was a primary school [...]
You probably already know that, before enrolling in an online program, you should make sure it’s accredited. If you don’t, you could end up paying for a worthless degree. But there are over 61 accreditation organizations recognized in the United States, and, aside from knowing that we need an accredited degree, no one knows much [...]
Modern technology has done many things for our society. With unbelievable advances in medicine and astounding achievements in the areas of science and computation, there is no limit to the benefits modern technology has provided us. As technology continues to infiltrate every aspect of our lives, education and learning have had to respond to the [...]
Online education has come a long way since its humble (and shady) beginnings in the 90′s. Today, diploma mills have been exposed and all but dismantled, and the for-profit education model has brought professional instruction to millions of students who otherwise could not have pursued higher education. As far as distance education has come, however, [...]
In today`s high tech society, distance learning is becoming an increasingly popular choice for students wishing to earn a college degree. Distance learning simply means that you attend class outside of a traditional classroom setting, typically through online courses or telecourses. Numerous accredited educational institutions offer distance learning courses and degree programs. Although these programs [...]
Online learning and online degrees are no longer viewed as a lesser credential in the professional world. On the contrary, many employers in specific areas of industry seek employees with specific skills that online learning promotes. Many attributes online learning and online learners present are some of the most valuable qualities an employee can possess [...]
- Household Income Still Strongly Linked to SAT Scores December 19, 2012
- The Growth of Online Education [Infographic] May 7, 2012
- Harvard and MIT to Offer Free Online Courses May 4, 2012
- Formative Assessment: Collaboration With A Higher Purpose April 19, 2012
- Best College Student Credit Cards April 13, 2012
- Kaplan University Online College Review September 1, 2010
- University of Vermont – Student Review November 17, 2010
- Nursing Education for Enhancing Skills December 3, 2010
- College Review – University of Phoenix September 1, 2010
- College For $99 – A Review April 29, 2011
- Llaovell: Technical support is a “joke”. It is atrocious...
- Llaovell: I wish Kaplan would make it more opaque what the $...
- uksuperiorpapers: I think it is the teacher and parents who should m...
- free anonymous email: it will be very helpful for the professional nurse...
- Lisa: Help Right a Wrong: Needed scholarships for Enron...